Sunday, March 24, 2013

In the beginning...

About six months ago, I went on a religious retreat called the Walk to Emmaus.  As a consequence of that religious retreat, I have become a lot more active in my life in Christianity.  During this time, there were many things that I would have liked to have blogged about, but they really didn't fit the point and the purpose of my other blog, which is about my development as an adult child of an alcoholic and Adult Children Anonymous.  So I have decided to start this blog.

Emmaus in the blog's title refers to the aforementioned retreat, which is in turn named after the Biblical story about two people who were joined unknowingly by Christ (Luke 24:13-35) on their walk.  Damascus refers to the walk Saul of Tarsus took where he was afflicted with blindness after coming into contact with the Lord (Acts 9:3-9) which eventually resulted in him becoming the apostle Paul.

The reason for the latter is that I still do not consider myself a good man or a particularly Godly man.  But if God can take his persecutor and turn him into one of his greatest advocates, then surely he has a use for a flawed Christian like me.  Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment