Sunday, April 7, 2013

The cheese that goes crunch

One part of my journey as an active Christian has been to take part in a program called Kairos, which ministers to inmates. While this has been something on my heart for a long time, it's not something I did anything about because I was what I told the men in Pender Correctional was called a Cheetos Christian. That is someone who does sincerely believe in Jesus Christ and that He is the Son of God, etc. but who "ministers" to people by sitting on the couch watching television and eating Cheetos.

How the walk to Emmaus put me on the road to Damascus is by pretty much forcing me to be an active Christian. I am naturally both shy and introverted, but God wants what He wants, and so He's put things in my path, opportunities for ministry like Kairos, that have forced me off the couch.

This has been difficult for me and I am fighting to get back some of my me time. But I am being an obedient servant and going out into the world and ministering. But at least one positive for me of it is I have orange fingers far less often.

No comments:

Post a Comment