Sunday, April 14, 2013

Three people

I have had on my mind and heart three people, all of which I believe I have a "mission from God" about that I have had to handle three different ways.

The first is my girlfriend, called Kathy at my other blog and thus here as well. I believe that I am supposed to bring her toward an active spiritual life. I don't think it was coincidence that she came into my life just as her brother was dying and just as I was going on my Emmaus walk. She has had a tenuous odd relationship with religion and so I think God needs someone who will approach it unconventionally. Right now she does not attend church with me unless we go to see a mutual friend sing. This friend is a gospel singer. However this friend does about one Sunday a month that's drivable, so at least she gets some exposure.

The next is a woman I will call Patricia. She is a friend of Kathy's brother. She is an alcoholic and has been surrounded by people who reinforce that in her. Earlier in her life she lost custody of a baby due to her alcoholism and she is in danger of losing her present one for the same way. God has been telling me that I need to get her here, away from her alcoholic environment and where she could be active friends with Kathy. But I don't know how I can reach out to her. I'm barely more than just some guy to her. I am friends with her on Facebook and I guess I'll start there.

The last one is a woman I will call Donna. She is the apparently ex-wife of a man I worked with. I now work with her. He appears to no longer be employed by my company and appears not to be working at all. I have put these pieces together from searching on the Internet. But how do you even get into a discussion so personal as "Are you divorced and what happened to your husband?" And yet I feel that I should. I will pray about it, but unlike Patricia, I have no idea even where to start.

I still think I need to be blinded on the road to Damascus instead of on missions from God, but again, if God can use Saul, I guess he can use me to. Any thoughts about any of this are welcome. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment